CREATING MEMORABLE PLACES
for OVER 130 years
The Brick Companies headquartered in Edgewater, Maryland, creates memorable experiences for current and future generations through social responsibility and environmental leadership. Notable “fun” properties owned and operated by The Brick Companies within the Baltimore Washington region include Queenstown Harbor on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, The Golf Club at South River, and Atlantic Marinas at Patapsco, Magothy and Ferry Point. The Brick Companies also owns commercial office properties throughout the DMV including The Brick Companies Center in Edgewater, featuring Anne Arundel County’s first living roof, Lakefront at Washingtonian in Gaithersburg, 8045 Kennett Street in Silver Spring, Montrose West in Rockville, and Westwood Center in Tyson’s Corner, Virginia. Perhaps, most importantly, The Brick Companies Foundation focuses on making a positive difference by inspiring and benefiting others and preserving the planet.
The Brick Companies was founded 1892 as the Washington Brick and Terra Cotta Company located along the Washington City Canal in Southwest Washington, D.C. In 2002, The Brick Companies moved from Washington, D.C. to its current corporate headquarters in Edgewater, Maryland where they employ over 175 people across all their properties and have remained rooted for the past 20 years.
"Buildings are just bricks and mortar - what makes our company run are the PEOPLE that work here."
The Brick Companies is passionate about our commitment to
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY and ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP.
This two-pronged approach to GOOD WORKS allows us to remain focused on
inspiring and benefitting others and preserving our planet.